Thank you for stopping by the Peacock & Lime blog!
My name is Kristina, and I have created most of the pieces you see in these posts.
A little about myself – I’ve always been passionate about beautiful imagery & creating things. Since childhood, I have been attracted to pretty, shiny objects & tiny treasures – perhaps I was a raven in another life 😉
Born in Montreal and raised mostly in Edmonton, I grew up in a very creative extended family, so it made sense that I ended up pursuing a career within the arts. I attended the Alberta College of Art & Design in Calgary, studying photography and jewellery making.
Peacock & Lime “officially” began in 2009. It came about almost by accident … basically born out of people asking me to recreate things I had made as gifts for friends and family, or pieces I had made for myself. Since then, I have designed and created many different collections or “lines” of jewellery – some more traditional, some a little eclectic, some bohemian and some embracing my inner geek – but all playing off of my love for tiny treasures.
When I create pieces, it is with intention. The intention to produce jewellery that “speaks” to you. It is to create something with meaning … that can share your secret, tell your story, seal a wish, give you strength, or be a reminder of your dreams.
It is after receiving customer feedback, that I realize that that is what you love about my jewellery, too!
- “Love love this! And all your other doctor who themed bracelets!” – from the “time and relative dimension in space” bracelet – sharing our secret geek love for Dr Who!
- “Thank you so much for the necklace! It’s gorgeous! I still can’t believe I finally have the necklace I’ve been wanting for so long! I loved loved loved how the picture turned out as a pendant in your style of jewellery, so unique, and the beads are just the perfect addition!” – from a personalized family photo necklace – telling your story
- “Love it and I can’t wait for it to fall apart and for my wish to come true … lol” and “Product is beautiful. I put the bracelet on in Feb and it still looks great – and my wish came true a couple days after I put it on ; -) Looking forward to my next shopping experience” – from the wish bracelet series – sealing a wish
- “I ordered the Todos Santos because of the moonstones and their meaning. Then the day after the bracelet arrived, I ordered my 2nd bracelet. I am now the proud owner of the Costa Azul bracelet. This one is turquoise and black leather. So this with my moonstones, I will be a force to be reckoned with!” – from the gemstone surf series wrap bracelets – giving you strength
- A custom request for “spirit first” and “wisdom begins in wonder” … “Just wanted to let you know that the girls loved their bracelets!” – from the stamped copper and leather bracelets – reminding you of your dreams
It is then my aim to take that meaning and design something with style. Designed for you, because … you have a beauty that’s all your own.
I feel extremely lucky, because only now do I fully understand the statement “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life”.
“Work” has become play – allowing me the creative outlet to design keepsakes, and make something that makes you feel good wearing it (like pulling on your favourite sweater!). My pieces have been described as “contemporary, playful & eye-catching jewellery for all ages”. I can live with that! 🙂 ~ Kristina
6 random facts about me;
1.) I love music – currently, my favourites are the White Stripes, U2, the Clash, OKGo, Cake, Hollerado, July Talk & Arctic Monkeys
2.) I love travelling, adventure & surfing … well … watching surfers, anyways!
3.) I love shoes
4.) I believe that the best way to start a productive morning & get motivated is with a good latte (homemade, of course!)
5.) I love Mexican & Indian food – just maybe not together! 😉
6.) I love Canada, it’s an amazingly beautiful place (although, I could handle winters in Mexico, instead!)
* or on my website
or in person at these stores;
Art Gallery of Sudbury, boutique shop – Sudbury, Ontario
CT Style – Banff, Alberta
Southern Alberta Art Gallery, shop – Lethbridge, Alberta
Whyte Museum Shop – Banff, Alberta
Key Lime Athletic Wear – Sherwood Park, Alberta
Beyoutiful You Fit – Edmonton, Alberta
Remix – Red Deer, Alberta
Rosebud Gifts – Rosebud, Alberta
Pretty Chic Boutique – Guelph, Ontario
Blue Feather Books & Botanicals, La Grange, IL USA
Forest Ink – Frisco, TX USA
You can always connect with me to see what’s new or what I’m up to by visiting Peacock & Lime
* on facebook and
* on twitter,
* on instagram
* or right here on the blog 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by!